Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Men's Met

The last two days were not so good, especially yesterday. I played Terrace Park Country Club in Milford, Ohio and just absolutely hit the ball everywhere. I mainly had a few bad holes, but I just couldn't get anything together and ended up shooting a horrible 87. The first three holes there I went, par, double bogey and quadruple bogey (5-6-8). Starting out 6 over par in the first three holes never helps the occasion. I thought I might have a chance to get some birdies, but just left everything short on the greens, which seems to be a re-occurring theme over the past week.

Today at The Ridge Club near Montgomery Road in Cincinnati, I hit the ball much better, but missed a few greens on the back 9 and the ones I did hit, I seemed to be in the wrong position on the green (above the hole). The greens were really quick and I just couldn't get the ball to stop around the hole on the downhill putts. Even though my score was 78, I felt I played much better than that indicates. Hopefully next year will be better...

No comments: