Sunday, June 1, 2008

Golf Round Today

Today was a good day. I played at Miami Whitewater Forest Golf Course in Harrison, Ohio. That course is in great shape! The greens are fabulous there (considering they were not so good last year).

Getting to my round...it was a good one, except for one hole. I was -2 for 17 holes, but ended up shooting 74. I took an 8 on hole #7. I hit my tee shot in the trees, took a penalty shot. My third shot was right of the green leaving myself short-sided. There was absolutely no room to work with. I tried a high flop shot, but ended up short of the green. My second chip was duffed...then I got upset and just hit the next on one the green. I ended up two-putting the green for an 8. I went from -1 coming into the hole and left that hole +3.

Other than that hole, I played pretty well. I hit 14 greens, had 31 putts and ended up with 6 birdies. This round gives me loads of confidence going into the US Public Links Championship Qualifier on June 18.

No comments: